DEPARTMENT OF OFF-BUDGET ACTIVITIES
Contact Phone Number: +375 17 207-39-56
Phone/Fax: +375 17 286-14-66
Scientific and Practical center of Cardiology is a lead treatment institution providing cardiologic and cardiosurgical service to children and adults of Belarus as well as to foreign citizens.
Consultation, diagnostics and treatment services are rendered by high-qualified specialists: Candidates of Medical Science, Doctors of Medicine and Professors.
The Center provides a full range of cardiologic and cardiosurgical services.
- ECG, precardiac heart mapping and 24-hour ECG and ABP (Holter) monitoring.
- load ECG tests (bicycle ergometry, threadmill test).
- ECG (Doppler ECG, transesophageal ECG, contrast echocardiography).
- Stress-ECG with load tests and medicamental probes.
- Transcranial dopplerography.
- Ultrasound dopplerography and duplex brachiocephalic and peripheral artery and vein scanning.
- Angiography including angiocoronarography.
- Electrophysiological research.
- Ultrasound scanning of internals.
- External respiration ultrasound (spirometry).
- Laboratory research.
- Therapeutic (medicamental, physiotherapeutic).
- Interventional treatment methods: CHD and peripheral artery diseases (balloon angioplasty, stenting), valvular diseases (ventricular septal defect, open arterial duct, atrial septal defect), arrhythmia and chronic heart failure (radio-frequency ablation, resynchronising therapy).
- Surgical (coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), VRI, mammarocoronary bypass (MB), correction of inborn and acquired heart diseases, heart valve prosthetics and reconstruction, artery and aortic prosthetics, vein surgeries), transmyocardial laser revascularization.
At present the staff of the RSCP "Cardiology" numbers 958, among which 219 physicians, 367 nurses. 75 researchers work in scientific subdivisions of the Centre, among which 2 academicians of the NAS, 1 corresponding member of the NAS, 8 Professors, 15 DPhils, and 59 Candidates of Science.
More than 87 workers of the Centre had short-term training in the CIS countries and abroad in Austria, Belgium, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Italy, Canada, Poland, the USA, Czech Republic, Sweden and Japan.